Join us for an exploration of modern Greek culture in Fall 2021. Taught in English and fulfills the World Cultures gen ed requirement, this course will help students discover the rich culture of the Greek world. No prior knowledge of Greek language or history required!
Greece is a gorgeous country with a rich and diverse history. Modern Greek has the longest history among the Indo-European languages. Learning Modern Greek will help students:
- discover a vibrant and rich modern language rooted in antiquity
- better understand the English language since more than 150,000 words of English have Greek origin
- improve academic success in fields such as the classics, linguistics, history, archaeology, anthropology, and political science
- enable and develop career opportunities in international education
- learn the language of a favorite tourist destination